Monday, January 1, 2018

Crafting a Collaborative Life

"Winter Leaves II"
8 x 10
Click to Purchase
I am so  impressed by the concept of “open sourcing”.  It comes from the software industry where the software is written to be used as a public collaboration, made freely available to anyone who can use or modify it so long as it is freely redistributed.  Share with one another.  Someone was paying attention in kindergarten!

Collaboration - what a concept.  Working together to create a better world for everyone.  This word keeps rolling around in my head.  This new year I am crafting a collaborative life in my own small way.  My husband and I have moved to North Carolina to be closer to my parents as they get older.  We are collaborating with them so that they can live out their elder years as peacefully and safely as possible, bearing witness to this part of their journey.  The move has given me an opportunity to seek out a studio in which to paint.  I found one in Black Mountain at The Red House Gallery which is operated by The Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League.  I am excited to be a part of this group of artists and looking forward to potential creative collaborations.

So in that spirit, January is “Collaboration Month”.  Every painting posted and sold in the month of January will have a part of the proceeds donated to a non-profit organization that is doing real work to making this world a better place. It's my way of giving back to the people, places and things that give me inspiration to paint.  The paintings will be available through my website under the category - what else -  “Collaborations”.  Confirmations of the donations will be provided to the buyers.

Today's post is a wintry scene in Franklin, TN near the Harpeth River. 20% of the sales proceeds will be donated to The Harpeth Conservancy, a science-based organization dedicated to clean water and healthy ecosystems for rivers in Tennessee. They are doing great work and are dedicated to their mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment